PRIVACY NOTICE AND POLICY
Effective Date: January 22, 2023
NO SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information and have not sold your Personal Information to any third party.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND DISCLOSE ABOUT YOU
We may access, collect, process, store, use, share and be responsible for some or all of the following Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
Specific pieces of Personal Information that may be collected
We may collect your name, preferred alias, postal address, email address, telephone number, online identifier, user ID, or account name.
From some of the information that we collect it may be possible to infer your gender, national origin, marital status, and other similar information that may be defined under state or federal laws as protected classification characteristics. We may collect such information incidentally while collecting your contact information for the purposes of providing the services that you requested from us.
B. Internet or similar network or application activity.
Browsing history, IP address, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
This Personal Information is required to provide services to you. If you do not provide the Personal Information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your Personal Information directly from our customers via our Website, in person, byemail or by telephone. We may also collect some of the above-identified categories of Personal Information from visitors to our Website that are not our customers, or from others who may be providing services to you.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
We provide non-prescription, over-the-counter eye care products, eye care plans (we do not provide medical advice) and eye health resources to our customers and may collect Personal Information in furtherance of these services to you. Information is collected for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill or meet anyotherreason for which the information is provided;
- To provide you with email alerts, text messagesand other notices concerning our services or news that may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with third parties as directed by you and on your behalf;
- To host, store and otherwise process information needed for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to protect us, our employees, clients, and the public against theft, legal liability, fraud, or abuse;
- To improve Our Website and presentitscontents to you;
- For testing, research, analysis and development of service offerings;
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, ourcustomersor others, including system and network administration and security, infrastructure monitoring, identity and credential management, verification and authentication, and access control; monitoring and other controls needed to safeguard the security and integrity of transactions and/or recordation of information;
- To respond to law enforcement requests, subpoenas, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;and
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose or share some, or all, of the Personal Information we collect about you to third parties such as technology providers who aid us in processing and protecting your Personal Information, processing payments, or facilitating electronic communications, and to fulfillment partners who may assist us in processing and fulfilling your orders or processing returns. We may also disclose or share some, or all, of the Personal Information we collect about you to referring providers or partners in order to facilitate services and to acknowledge receipt of information or sales. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (b) protect and defend our rights or property or our customers or users, or (c) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users, customers, or the general public.
When a customer signs up for our services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide services. We may aggregate data we acquire about our customers. If we aggregate such data and provide it to external parties, our customers’Personal Information will not be attached to or included in such aggregated data. Also, in the event that all or a portion of our assets are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from customers, including Personal Information and customer data in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the functions ofour Website and cannot be switched offas otherwise our Website will not work for you.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources in order to measure and improve the performance of our Website, see which of the pages ofourWebsitereceive the most and the least traffic and how visitors toour Website are interacting withour Website. If you disable or block these cookies, we will not know when you have visitedour Website.These cookies may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages, such asShopify and Prism.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow enhanced functionality and personalization ofour Website.These cookies may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages, such asShopify and Prism.If you disable or block these cookies, some portions ofour Website may not function properly.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners and may be used by them to build a profile ofyour interests and show you relevantadvertisementson other sites.They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.If you disable or block these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to other sites ("Third Party Websites"). These links are provided solely for the convenience of our customers. We do not necessarily endorse, sanction or verify the accuracy of the information contained on Third Party Websites. Once you access a Third-Party Website through a link on our Website, you are no longer covered by the Privacy Notice of our Website. Concerns regarding a Third-Party Website should be directed to the Third-PartyWebsite itself. We bear no responsibility for any action associated with any Third-Party Website.
POLICIES FOR CHILDREN
Our Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, nor do they contain information which would be potentially harmful to minors in any way. However, we advise all visitors to ourWebsite under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personal Information. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, we will delete the child's Personal Information in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Please see the Federal Trade Commission's website for information on this Act.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections are commercially available to assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. More information on the availability of such software can be found through publicly available sources. You may wish to contact your Internet Service Provider for more information.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
Consistent with our legal obligations, we will keep your Personal Information for the duration of time necessary to provide the products or services you requested to you or the duration of time you maintain an account with us, unless our legal or contractual obligations require us to retain your Personal Information for a longer period. Thereafter, we will keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To provide servicesto youas contracted for by you;
- To show that we treated you fairly;
- To show proper accounting and third-party payments have been made;or
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of Personal Information. When it is no longer necessary to retain your Personal Information, we will delete or anonymize it.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented reasonable security measures to prevent Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. These measures offer appropriate reasonable security level, taking into account the state of the technology, the implementation costs and also the nature, the scale, the context and the processing purposes. We limit access to your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. The measures are also intended to prevent unnecessary collection and further processing of Personal Information. The Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR DEVICES AND PASSWORDS SECURE
Please keep your devices secure and do not share devices, logins or passwords to such devices with others as there is a risk that they make access Personal Information that you stored on your device or that you request be transmitted to you from us to your device. If you receive login information, including passwords, to an encrypted account or application, please do not share this information with others. PLEASE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION AND DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR PASSWORDS AND ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE. If you believe that your Personal Information was compromised while requesting or receiving services from us, or if your device or login and password have been stolen, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be responsible for anyone accessing your information if they use your device or login and password.
YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: