Many of us rarely think about how our daily actions affect our eye health and ability to see. We often put thought into eating a well balanced meal, getting a good night of sleep, and even practicing self care. These thoughts come naturally because they are essential actions for us to feel our best and do our best. How often though do you think about your eye health?
Luckily, setting the right intentions and practices can ensure not only our general physical wellbeing, but also promote the health and wellness of our eyes.
Here are five simple daily eye care tips that will improve your overall eye health.
- Hydrate: One of the most important factors to maintaining overall wellness and eye health is hydration. Drinking more water can help you produce a healthy amount of tears, prevent dry eye disease, and prevent dehydration.
- Increase Antioxidants: Antioxidants are molecules in your body that help fight against free radicals. Increasing antioxidants can improve vision and overall eye health. Antioxidants are abundant in plant based foods, specifically in fruits and vegetables. Simply eating more fruit and/or darky leafy greens each day can help prevent or reduce ocular inflammation.
- Sleep: Next on the wellness journey is sleep quality. Poor sleep is a major cause of irritation and dry eye symptoms. Improving your sleep habits can boost your mood and immune system. Although it is very difficult to control our sleep patterns, there are small changes like reducing screen time before bed or taking a supplement that can make all the difference.
- Exercise: Another action closely linked to our overall health is exercise. Did you know that exercise can actually improve eye health? Exercise can help reduce pressure in your eyes and improve blood flow to the optic nerve. Blocking out time in your day for exercise can improve overall wellness and eye health.
- Practice Mindfulness: Lastly, mindfulness practices can help reduce stress and stress related eye issues. Stress can put pressure on the eyes and even result in blurred vision. Relaxation methods are a helpful lifestyle change that can be added on to any current treatment method to aid your general wellbeing.
Everyone want their eyes to look their best. In order for your eyes to look their best, they should fee their best too. A daily eye care routine will go a long way to ensuring the health of your eyes. For more information about the importance of eye health and daily eye care routines, go to www.helpmyze.com.